IEA Bioenergy: Task 42
A report on Lignin valorization as a result of the collaboration between IEA Bioenergy Task 42 and LignoCOST.
Publications with co-authors from at least 2 LignoCOST Action member countries, acknowledging LignoCOST
- I. Charisteidis, P. Lazaridis, A. Fotopoulos, E. Pachatouridou, L. Matsakas, U. Rova, P. Christakopoulos, K. Triantafyllidis, “Catalytic Fast Pyrolysis of Lignin Isolated by Hybrid Organosolv—Steam Explosion Pretreatment of Hardwood and Softwood Biomass for the Production of Phenolics and Aromatics”, Catalysts 2019, 9, 935; doi:10.3390/catal9110935; https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4344/9/11/935 (Greece, Sweden)
- M. Goliszek, A. Ewa Wiacek, M. Wawrzkiewicz, O. Sevastyanova, B. Podkościelna, “The impact of lignin addition on the properties of hybrid microspheres based on trimethoxyvinylsilane and divinylbenzene”, European Polymer Journal 120 (2019) 109200, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2019.08.027 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0014305719311206 (Poland, Sweden)
- M. Goliszek, B. Podkoscielna, O. Sevastyanova, B. Gawdzik, A. Chabros, “The Influence of Lignin Diversity on the Structural and Thermal Properties of Polymeric Microspheres Derived from Lignin, Styrene, and/or Divinylbenzene”, Materials 2019, 12, 2847;doi:10.3390/ma12182847 https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1944/12/18/2847 (Poland, Sweden)
- P. Bartocci, R. Tschentscher, R. E. Stensrød, M. Barbanera, F. Fantozzi, “Kinetic Analysis of Digestate Slow Pyrolysis with the Application of the Master-Plots Method and Independent Parallel Reactions Scheme”, Molecules 2019, 24, 1657; doi:10.3390/molecules24091657 https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/24/9/1657 (Italy, Norway)
- M. Kurańskaa,*, J.A. Pintob,c, K. Salacha, M.F. Barreirob,c, A. Prociak, “Synthesis of thermal insulating polyurethane foams from lignin and rapeseed based polyols: A comparative study”, Industrial Crops & Products 143 (2020) 111882. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2019.111882 (Poland, Portugal)
- Structural Motifs of Wheat Straw Lignin Differ in Susceptibility to Degradation by the White-Rot Fungus Ceriporiopsis subvermispora
Van Erven, G., Wang, J., Sun, P., De Waard, P., Van Der Putten, J., Frissen, G. E., Gosselink, R. J. A., Zinovyev, G., Potthast, A., Van Berkel, W. J. H. & Kabel, M. A., 5 Nov 2019, In : ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering. 7, 24, p. 20032-20042 https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b05780 (The Netherlands, Austria)
- Ramón Fernando Colmenares-Quintero, Camilo José Rico-Cruz, Kim E. Stansfield & Juan Carlos Colmenares-Quintero, “Assessment of biofuels production in Colombia”, Cogent Engineering, 7:1, (2020) DOI: 10.1080/23311916.2020.1740041 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23311916.2020.1740041 (Colombia, Poland)
Hilgers, Roelant, van Erven, Gijs, Boerkamp, Vincent, Sulaeva, Irina Potthast, Antje, Kabel, Mirjam A., Vincken, Jean-Paul, “Understanding laccase/HBT-catalyzed grass delignification at the molecular level”, Green Chem., 2020,22, 1735-1746, doi.org/10.1039/C9GC04341A (The Netherlands, Austria)
- Marta Goliszek, Beata Podkoscielna, Tomasz Klepka, Olena Sevastyanova. “Preparation, Thermal, and Mechanical Characterization of UV-Cured Polymer Biocomposites with Lignin” Polymers 12 (2020) 1159; doi:10.3390/polym12051159 (Poland, Sweden)
- João A. Pinto, Miguel A. Prieto, Isabel C.F.R. Ferreira, Mohamed N. Belgacem, Alírio E. Rodrigues, Maria Filomena Barreiro. “Analysis of the oxypropylation process of a lignocellulosic material, almond shell, using the response surface methodology (RSM)”, Industrial Crops & Products 153 (2020) 112542. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2020.112542 (Portugal, France)
- T. I. Korányi, B. Fridrich, A. Pineda, K. Barta, “Development of ‘Lignin-First’ Approaches for the Valorization of Lignocellulosic Biomass” Review, Molecules 2020, 25, 2815; https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules25122815 (Hungary, The Netherlands, Spain, Austria)
- Marta Goliszek, Dorota Kołodynska, Ievgen V. Pylypchuk, Olena Sevastyanova, Beata Podkoscielna, “Synthesis of lignin-containing polymer hydrogels with tunable properties and their application in sorption of nickel(II) ions”. Industrial Crops and Products, Volume 164, June 2021, 113354 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2021.113354 (Poland, Sweden)
- Ramón Fernando Colmenares-Quintero, Germán David Góez-Sánchez, Juan Carlos Colmenares-Quintero, Luis Fernando Latorre-Noguera & Damian Kasperczyk, «Application of a simulation tool based on a bioinspired algorithm for optimisation of distributed power generation systems», Cogent Engineering (2021), 8: 1909791 (Colombia, Poland) https://doi.org/10.1080/23311916.2021.1909791
Nicola Di Fidio, Johan W. Timmermans, Claudia Antonetti, Anna Maria Raspolli Galletti, Richard J. A. Gosselink, Roel J. M. Bisselink, Ted M. Slaghek, “Electro-oxidative depolymerisation of technical lignin in water using platinum, nickel oxide hydroxide and graphite electrodes”. New J. Chem., 2021, 45, 9647 (Italy, Netherlands), https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2021/nj/d1nj01037a
- Pavletta Shestakova, Margarita Popova, Ágnes Szegedi, Hristina Lazarova, Thi Kim Nga Luong, Ivalina Trendafilova, Judith Mihaly, Tatjana N. Parac-Vogt, “Hybrid catalyst with combined Lewis and Brønsted acidity based on ZrIV substituted polyoxometalate grafted on mesoporous MCM-41 silica for esterification of renewable levulinic acid”. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 323 (2021) 111203; DOI: 10.1016/j.micromeso.2021.111203; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2021.111203 (Bulgaria, Hungary, Vietnam, Belgium)
- M. Popova, Á. Szegedi, M. Oykova, H. Lazarova, N. Koseva, M. R. Mihályi, P. Shestakova, “Selective Production of Phenol on Bifunctional, Hierarchical ZSM-5 Zeolites”, Molecules 2021, 26(12), 3576; DOI: 10.3390/molecules26123576; https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26123576 (Bulgaria, Hungary).
R.F. Colmenares-Quintero, J.C. Colmenares-Quintero, O.C. Valderrama-Riveros, F. Macho, K.E. Stansfiel, “Renewable energy smart sensing system monitoring for off-grid vulnerable community in Colombia”, Cogent Engineering 2021, 8:1, 1936372, DOI: 10.1080/23311916.2021.1936372 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23311916.2021.1936372 (Colombia, Poland, Spain, UK).
Łucejko, J.J.; de Lamotte, A.; Andriulo, F.; Kutzke, H.; Harding, S.; Phillips‐Jones, M.; Modugno, F.; Slaghek, T.M.; Gosselink, R.J.A.; Braovac, S. “Evaluation of Soda Lignin from Wheat Straw/Sarkanda Grass as a Potential Future Consolidant for Archaeological Wood” Forests 2021, 12, 911. https://doi.org/10.3390/f12070911 (IT, UK, NO, NL).
Ricardo M. F. da Costa, Ana Winters, B. Hauck, D. Martín, M. Bosch, R. Simister, L.D. Gomez, L.A.E. Batista de Carvalho, J.M. Canhoto, “Biorefining Potential of Wild-Grown Arundo donax, Cortaderia selloana and Phragmites australis and the Feasibility of White-Rot Fungi-Mediated Pretreatments” Front. Plant Sci. 2021, 12:679966. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2021.679966 (Portugal, UK)
Lu, Y., Joosten, L., Donkers, J., Andriulo, F., Slaghek, T.M., Phillips-Jones, M.K., Gosselink, R.J.A., Harding, S.E. “Characterisation of mass distributions of solvent-fractionated lignins using analytical ultracentrifugation and size exclusion chromatography methods”. Sci Rep 11, 13937 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-93424-0 (Norway, UK, The Netherlands)
A.G. Margellou, P.A. Lazaridis, I.D. Charisteidis, C.K. Nitsos, C.P. Pappa, A.P. Fotopoulos, S. Van den Bosch, B.F. Sels, K.S. Triantafyllidis, “Catalytic fast pyrolysis of beech wood lignin isolated by different biomass (pre)treatment processes: Organosolv, hydrothermal and enzymatic hydrolysis”, Applied Catalysis A, General 623 (2021) 118298 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2021.118298 (Greece, Belgium)
“Sustainable Lignin Valorization – Technical Lignin, processes and market development”, IEA Bioenergy: Task 42
A report on Lignin valorization as a result of the collaboration between IEA Bioenergy Task 42 and LignoCOST.
- 23) Eid Gul, Khalideh Al Bkoor Alrawashdeh, Ondrej Masek, Øyvind Skreiberg, Andrea Corona, Mauro Zampilli, Liang Wang, Petros Samaras, Qing Yang, Hewen Zhou, Pietro Bartocci, Francesco Fantozzi, “Production and use of biochar from lignin and lignin-rich residues (such as digestate and olive stones) for wastewater treatment”, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis 158 (2021) 105263 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2021.105263 (Italy, UK, Jordan, Norway, Greece, Spain USA, China).
- Beata Podkoscielna, Mateusz Gargol, Marta Goliszek, Tomasz Klepka, Olena Sevastyanova, Degradation and flammability of bioplastics based on PLA and lignin, Polymer Testing 111 (2022) 107622, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2022.107622 (Poland, Sweden)
- Dimitrios A. Giannakoudakis, Foteini F. Zormpa, Antigoni G. Margellou, Abdul Qayyum, Ramón Fernando Colmenares-Quintero, Christophe Len, Juan Carlos Colmenares, Konstantinos S. Triantafyllidis, “Carbon-Based Nanocatalysts (CnCs) for Biomass Valorization and Hazardous Organics Remediation” Nanomaterials 2022, 12, 1679. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano12101679 (Greece, Poland, France, Colombia).
26) Ricardo M. F. da Costa, Ana Winters, Barbara Hauck, Daniel Martín, Maurice Bosch, Rachael Simister, Leonardo D. Gomez, Luís A. E. Batista de Carvalho, Jorge M. Canhoto, ”Biorefining Potential of Wild-Grown Arundo donax, Cortaderia selloana and Phragmites australis and the Feasibility of White-Rot Fungi-Mediated Pretreatments”, Front. Plant Sci. 12:679966. doi:10.3389/fpls.2021.679966 https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2021.679966/full (Portugal, UK)
Ricardo M. F. da Costa, Maurice Bosch, Rachael Simister, Leonardo D. Gomez, Jorge M. Canhoto, Luís A. E. Batista de Carvalho, “Valorisation Potential of Invasive Acacia dealbata, A. longifolia and A. melanoxylon from Land Clearings”, Molecules 2022, 27, 7006. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27207006 (Portugal, UK)
Jaroslava Švarc-Gajic, Tanja Brezo-Borjan, Richard J. A. Gosselink, Ted M. Slaghek, Daniela Šojic-Merkulov, Tamara Ivetic, Szabolcs Bognár, Zorica Stojanovic, “Optimization and Potentials of Kraft Lignin Hydrolysates Obtained by Subcritical Water at Moderate Temperatures”, Processes 2022, 10, 2049. https://doi.org/10.3390/pr10102049 (Serbia, The Netherlands)
Filipe H. B. Sosa, Ana Bjelić, João A. P. Coutinho, Mariana C. Costa, Blaž Likozar, Edita Jasiukaitytė-Grojzdek, Miha Grilc, Andre M. da Costa Lopes, “Conversion of Organosolv and Kraft lignins into value-added compounds assisted by an acidic deep eutectic solvent”, Sustainable Energy Fuels, 2022,6, 4800-4815. https://doi.org/10.1039/D2SE00859A (Slovenia, Sweden, Spain)
Oihana Gordobil, Huisi Li, Ana Ayerdi Izquierdo, Ainhoa Egizabal, Olena Sevastyanova, Anna Sandak, “Surface chemistry and bioactivity of colloidal particles from industrial kraft lignins”, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 220 (2022) 1444–1453 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2022.09.111 (Slovenia, Brazil, Portugal)
- Ana Lourenço, Dragana Kukić, Vesna Vasić, Ricardo A. Costa, Mirjana Antov, Marina Šćiban, Jorge Gominho, “Valorisation of Lignocellulosic Wastes, the Case Study of Eucalypt Stumps Lignin as Bioadsorbent for the Removal of Cr(VI)”, Molecules 2022, 27, 6246. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27196246 (Portugal, Serbia)
Christina Pappa, Elias Feghali, Karolien Vanbroekhoven, Konstantinos S. Triantafyllidis, “Recent advances in epoxy resins and composites derived from lignin and related bio-oils” Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry 2022, 38:100687, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cogsc.2022.100687 Review paper (Greece, Belgium)
J. Gracia-Vitoria, S. Corderí Gándara, E. Feghali, P. Ortiz, W. Eevers, K. S. Triantafyllidis, K. Vanbroekhoven, “The chemical and physical properties of lignin bio-oils, facts and needs”, Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry 2023, 40:100781, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cogsc.2023.100781 Review paper (Belgium, Lebanon, Spain, Greece)
Matiss Pals, Maris Lauberts, Douwe S. Zijlstra, Jevgenija Ponomarenko, Alexandr Arshanitsa, Peter J. Deuss, “Mild Organosolv Delignification of Residual Aspen Bark after Extractives Isolation as a Step in Biorefinery Processing Schemes”, Molecules 2022, 27, 3185. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27103185 (Latvia, The Netherlands)
Mert Yildirim, Zeki Candan, Burak Aksoy, Turker Dundar, “Performance properties of engineered wood composites reinforced by lignosulfonates”, Green Materials, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgrma.21.00069
Vita Halysh, Juan Miguel Romero-García, Alfonso M. Vidal, Tetiana Kulik, Borys Palianytsia, Minerva García, Eulogio Castro, “Apricot Seed Shells and Walnut Shells as Unconventional Sugars and Lignin Sources”, Molecules 2023, 28, 1455. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules28031455 (Ukraine, Spain, Mexico)
Marta Goliszek, Beata Podkościelna, Nataliia Smyk and Olena Sevastyanova, “Towards lignin valorization: lignin as a UV-protective bio-additive for polymer coatings”, Pure Appl. Chem. 2023; aop, https://doi.org/10.1515/pac-2022-1209 (Poland, Sweden)
Ludmila Martínková, Michal Grulich, Miroslav Pátek, Barbora Krístková, Margit Winkler, “Bio-Based Valorization of Lignin-Derived Phenolic
Compounds: A Review”, Biomolecules 2023, 13, 717. https://doi.org/10.3390/biom13050717
Florian Zikeli, Anna Maria Vettraino, Margherita Biscontri, Sara Bergamasco, Cleofe Palocci, Miha Humar and Manuela Romagnoli, Lignin Nanoparticles with Entrapped Thymus spp. Essential Oils for the Control of Wood-Rot Fungi, Polymers, 2023, 15, 2713. https://doi.org/10.3390/polym15122713 (Italy, Slovenia)
Publications with co-authors from one LignoCOST Action member country, acknowledging LignoCOST
A. Margellou, K.S. Triantafyllidis, “Catalytic Transfer Hydrogenolysis Reactions for Lignin Valorization to Fuels and Chemicals” Review, Catalysts 2019, 4, 43; doi:10.3390/catal4010043 https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4344/9/1/43 (Greece)
- Marta Goliszek, Beata Podkościelna, “Synthesis and characterization of polymer biocomposites with lignin” Physicochem. Probl. Miner. Process., 55(6), 2019, 1375-1381, DOI: 10.5277/ppmp19055. http://www.journalssystem.com/ppmp/ (Poland)
- C.A. Vega-Aguilar, M. F. Barreiro, A.E.Rodrigues, “Catalytic wet peroxide oxidation of vanillic acid as a lignin model compound towards the renewable production of dicarboxylic acids”, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 159 (2020) 115-124, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2020.04.021
- M. Budnyak, A. Slabon, M. H. Sipponen, “Lignin–Inorganic Interfaces: Chemistry and Applications from Adsorbents to Catalysts and Energy Storage Materials” Review, ChemSusChem 2020, 13, 4344 – 4355, https://doi.org/10.1002/cssc.202000216 (Sweden)
- Ana L. Popovic, Jelena D. Rusmirovic, Zlate Velickovic, Tihomir Kovacevic, Aleksandar Jovanovic, Ilija Cvijetic, Aleksandar D. Marinkovic,“ Kinetics and column adsorption study of diclofenac and heavy-metal ions removal by amino-functionalized lignin microspheres”, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 93 (2021) 302–314 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2020.10.006 (Serbia)
- I.V. Pylypchuk, A.Riazanova, M.E. Lindströma, O. Sevastyanova, “Structural and molecular-weight-dependency in the formation of lignin nanoparticles from fractionated soft- and hardwood lignins”, Green Chemistry, 2021, DOI: 10.1039/d0gc04058d https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2021/gc/d0gc04058d#!divAbstract (Sweden)
Carlos A. Vega-Aguilar, M. Filomena Barreiro, Alírio E. Rodrigues, “Effect of Methoxy Substituents on Wet Peroxide Oxidation of Lignin and Lignin Model Compounds: Understanding the Pathway to C4 Dicarboxylic Acids”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2021, 60, 3543−3553 https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.0c05085 (Portugal)
- João A. Pinto, Isabel P. Fernandes, Virginia D. Pinto, Elson Gomes, Cátia F. Oliveira, Paula C. R. Pinto, Luís M. R. Mesquita, Paulo A. G. Piloto, Alírio E. Rodrigues, Maria-Filomena Barreiro, “Valorization of Lignin Side-Streams into Polyols and Rigid Polyurethane Foams—A Contribution to the Pulp and Paper Industry Biorefinery”, Energies 2021, 14, 3825; https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/14/13/3825 (Portugal)
Khaled N.M. Khalili, Peter de Peinder, Jacqueline Donkers, Richard J. A. Gosselink, Pieter C. A. Bruijnincx, Bert M. Weckhuysen, Monitoring Molecular Weight Changes during Technical Lignin Depolymerization by Operando Attenuated Total Reflection-Infrared Spectroscopy and Chemometrics, ChemSusChem, Nov. 2021 https://doi.org/10.1002/cssc.202101853 (The Netherlands)
- Peter Kis, Eva Horváthová, Eliška Gálová, Andrea Ševcovicová, Veronika Antalová, Elena Karnišová Potocká, Vladimír Mastihuba, Mária Mastihubov, “Synthesis of Tyrosol and Hydroxytyrosol Glycofuranosides and Their Biochemical and Biological Activities in Cell-Free and Cellular Assays”, Molecules 2021, 26, 7607. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules26247607 (Slovakia)
- Hegne Pupart, Piia Jõul , Melissa Ingela Bramanis and Tiit Lukk, “Characterization of the Ensemble of Lignin-Remodeling DyP-Type Peroxidases from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)”, Energies 2023, 16, 1557. https://doi.org/10.3390/en16031557 (Estonia)
- Christina Pappa, Stylianos Torofias, Konstantinos Triantafyllidis, “Sub-micro Organosolv lignin as bio-based epoxy polymer component: A sustainable curing agent and additive”, ChemSusChem 2023, e202300076, https://doi.org/10.1002/cssc.202300076 (Greece)
Lourenço A, Gominho J. Lignin as feedstock for nanoparticles production. Chapter of the Book Lignin – Chemistry, structure, and application. Arpit Sand (Editor), Jaya Tuteja (Co-editor). Publisher: InTechOpen. http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.109267 (Portugal)
Esin Apaydın Varol, Ülker Mutlu, “TGA-FTIR Analysis of Biomass Samples Based on the Thermal Decomposition Behavior of Hemicellulose, Cellulose, and Lignin”, Energies 2023, 16, 3674. https://doi.org/10.3390/en16093674
- Ievgen V. Pylypchuk, Maria Karlsson, Pär A. Lindén, Mikael E. Lindström, Thomas Elder, Olena Sevastyanova, Martin Lawoko, “Molecular understanding of the morphology and properties of lignin nanoparticles: unravelling the potential for tailored applications”, Green Chemistry, 2023, https://doi.org/10.1039/d3gc00703k (Sweden, USA)
Angeliki Kylilia, Michalis Koutinasb, Phoebe-Zoe Georgalia, Paris A. Fokaides, Lignin valorisation: Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) considerations for enabling Circular Bioeconomy, International journal of sustainable energy, 2023, Vol. 42, No. 1, 1008–1027 https://doi.org/10.1080/14786451.2023.2250869 (Cyprus)
David Ibarra, Luisa García-Fuentevilla, Gabriela Domínguez, Raquel Martín-Sampedro, Manuel Hernández, María E. Arias, José I. Santos and María E. Eugenio, NMR Study on Laccase Polymerization of Kraft Lignin Using Different Enzymes Source, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2023, 24, 2359. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms24032359 (Spain)
- Irem Deniz, Lignin Recovery Using Alkaline Pretreatment of Walnut Shells, Chem. Eng. Technol. 2023, 46, No. 00, 1–5, https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.202200586 (Turkey)
Conference presentations with co-authors from at least 2 LignoCOST Action member countries, acknowledging LignoCOST
- Richard J.A. Gosselink, Bernard Kurek, Pieter C.A. Bruijnincx, Karolien Vanbroekhoven, Per Tomani, Apostolos Koutinas, Filomena Barreiro, Konstantinos S. Triantafyllidis, Tarja Tamminen, Marta Goliszek, Ted M. Slaghek, “LignoCOST – Pan-European Network on the Sustainable Valorisation of Lignin (CA17128)” Online NWBC conference, October 13-15 2020, Stockholm, Sweden. https://nwbc2020.se/programme-open/ (Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 13:30-14:00 Q&A Session 4: Lignin)
- Karolien Vanbroekhoven (VITO), Ludo Diels (VITO), Richard Gosselink (WUR), Per Tomani (RISE), Richard Vendamme (VITO), Applications from lignin and its derivatives is there more than burning it? Renewable materials conference May 18, 2021 (online), https://renewable-materials.eu/programme/
- Biedermann, D.; Křístková, B.; Pelantová, H.; Petrásková, L.; Sivickis, K.; Burokiené, D.; Martínková, L. “Laccases and tyrosinases as tools for biotransformations of aromatics from renewable sources, XXVI. Annual Congress of Czech and Slovak Societies for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology with cooperation of Austrian and German Biochemical Section, 29/8-1/9-2021, České Budějovice, Czech Republic (Czech Republic, Lithuania) https://csbmb2021.cz/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/CSBMB_List-of-posters.pdf
- Vesna, M. Vasić*, Dragana V. Kukić, Marina B. Šćiban, Mirjana G. Antov, Jorge Gominho, Ana Lourenço, Ricardo A. Costa, Duarte M. Neiva, “BLACKBERRY STEM LIGNIN AS A BIOSORBENT FOR REMOVAL OF Cr(VI) IONS FROM WASTEWATER”, 1st TwiNSol-CECs Workshop Advance multicompound analyses and novel solutions for protection of environmental resources with contaminants of emerging concern in focus, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia, 20-21 October 2022 (Portugal, Servia) – results from STSM funded by LignoCOST
- V. Halysh, J.M. Romero Garcia, A.M. Vidal Castro, M. Garcia, E. Castro, A. Nikolaichuk, “The effect of alkaline, acid and steam-explosion pretreatment on chemical composition of walnut shells and apricot seed shells”, Ukrainian Conference with International participation CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND TECHNOLOGY OF SURFACE dedicated to the 90th birthday of Academician Aleksey Chuiko (21-22 October 2020, Kyiv, Ukraine) – P. 76 (results from STSM funded by LignoCOST)
- V. Halysh, J.M. Romero Garcia, A.M. Vidal Castro, E. Castro, T. Kulik, B. Palianytsia, A. Nikolaichuk, M. Kartel, “The effect of alkaline, acid and steam-explosion pretreatment of walnut shells and apricot seed shells on lignin yield”, Ukrainian conference with international participation “CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS AND TECHNOLOGY OF SURFACE” devoted to the 35th anniversary of the Chuiko Institute of Surface Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine and Workshop “NANOSTRUCTURES AND NANOMATERIALS IN MEDICINE: CHALLENGES, TASKS AND PERSPECTIVES” (26-27 May 2021, Kyiv, Ukraine) – P. 127 (results from STSM funded by LignoCOST)
- Colucci, G.; Gigli, M.; Sgarzi, M.; Rodrigues, A. E.; Crestini, C.; Barreiro, M. F., “Production of lignin Pickering stabilizers using lignin samples from the acetone fractionation process”” 21st ISWFPC International Symposium on Wood, Fiber and Pulping Chemistry, Venice, Italy (July, 2023). Abstract, oral (accepted) – (results from STSM funded by LignoCOST)
- Federica Nardella, Jens Prothmann, Margareta Sandahl, Marco Mattonai, Erika Ribechini, Charlotta Turner, “Optimization of lignin extraction from woodchips using supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) and CO2-expanded liquid extraction (CXLE)” NWBC 2020, online conference (https://nwbc2020.se/) – (results from STSM funded by LignoCOST)
- Vasić VM, Kukić DV, Šćiban MB, Antov MG, Gominho J, Lourenço A, Costa RA, Neiva DM. Blackberry stem lignin as a biosorbent for removal of Cr(VI) ions from wastewater. 1st TwiNSOL-CECs Workshop – Advance multicompound analyses and novel solutions for protection of environmental resources with contaminants of emerging concern in focus. Faculty of Technology Novi Sad, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, 20 to 21 October 2022.
- Kukić DV, Vasić VM, Costa RA, Neiva DM, Lourenço A, Gominho J, Antov MG, Šćiban MB. Valorization of blackberry agro-residues under the biorefinery concept for wastewater treatment. 2nd International Conference on Advanced Production and Processing. Faculty of Technology Novi Sad, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, 20 to 22 October 2022. Book of abstracts 205.
Achievements and learnings from the CA17128 LignoCOST European lignin Network, Richard J.A. Gosselink, Bernard Kurek, Pieter C.A. Bruijnincx, Karolien Vanbroekhoven, Per Tomani, Apostolos Koutinas, Filomena Barreiro, Konstantinos S. Triantafyllidis, Olena Sevastyanova, Marta Goliszek, Ted M. Slaghek, Proceedings ISWFPC2023, Abstract Oral No. O23, pp. 92-95 (The Netherlands, France, Belgium, Sweden, Greece, Portugal, Poland)
Conference presentations with co-authors from one LignoCOST Action member country, acknowledging LignoCOST
Angeliki Kylili, Paris Fokaides, “Lignin valorisation: Life Cycle Assessment considerations for enabling Circular Bioeconomy”, World Sustainable Energy Days 2018 conference, 28 February – 2 March, 2019, Wels, Austria. http://www.ectp.org/news-events-newsletters/events/event-detail/world-sustainable-energy-days-2018-28-february-2-march-wels-at/ (ITC Conference Grant)
- Konstantinos Triantafyllidis, “Valorization of lignin towards chemicals, fuels and polymers” 2nd International Congress on Biorefineries and Renewable Energies supported in ICT, 17 – 20 February 2020, Bucaramanga, Colombia https://easychair.org/cfp/BERSTIC2020
- Nicola Di Fidio, Claudia Antonetti, Anna Maria Raspolli Galletti, “From agroindustrial lignocellulosic wastes to new generation biodiesel: an innovative biorefinery scheme based on the Green Chemistry and the Circular Economy”, VIII Workshop of Green Chemistry Chimica Sostenibile, September 29, online – Italian Chemical Society, Poster presentation of the results obtained from the STSM of Nicola Di Fidio, funded by LignoCOST https://www.soc.chim.it/it/gruppi/greenchemistry/home
- Nicola Di Fidio, Claudia Antonetti, Anna Maria Raspolli Galletti, “Biological and electrochemical valorisation of lignocellulosic wastes from pulp & paper industry to give new generation biodiesel and aromatic compounds”, “Chemistry for the Future 2021”, June 30-July 2, 2021, Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, University of Pisa, Pisa (Italy). Poster presentation of the results of STSM of Nicola Di Fidio, funded by LignoCOST, Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, University of Pisa, Italy https://cff.dcci.unipi.it/latest/cff2021.html
- Giovana Colucci, Arantzazu Santamaria-Echart, Samara C. Silva, Liandra G. Teixeira, Andreia Ribeiro, Alírio E. Rodrigues, M. Filomena Barreiro. Lignin Pickering stabilizers for innovative cosmeceutical formulations. 6th Young Polymer Scientists Seminar (SEJIPOL 2022). October, 25. Madrid, Spain. (http://www.ictp.csic.es/ICTP2/es/SEJIPOL2022 )
- Mert Yildirim, Zeki Candan, “Lignin: A Valuable Lignocellulosic Feedstock for an Eco-Sustainable and Circular Bioeconomy”. The 3rd International Electronic Conference on Forests — Exploring New Discoveries and New Directions in Forests, 15 – 31 October 2022, Basel, Switzerland. https://sciforum.net/paper/view/13047
- Lourenço A, Cruz MC, Gominho J, Merino EG. Assessment of the relation between cellulose and lignin in the annual rings of Pinus pinea micro-cores – first results. “TRACE 2023 – Tree rings in Archaeology, Climatology and Ecology”, Coimbra, Portugal, 8-13 May.
- Newsletter LignoCost May 2020 In this first Newsletter from the LignoCOST network (CA17128 -Establishment of a Pan- European Network on the Sustainable Valorisation of Lignin) we will describe who we are and what our aim is.
- Newsletter LignoCost July 2021 In this second Newsletter from the LignoCOST network (CA17128 – Establishment of a Pan-European Network on the Sustainable Valorisation of Lignin) we will describe who we are, what our aim is and which progress we made.
- Newsletter LignoCost December 2022 In this third Newsletter from the LignoCOST network (CA17128 – Establishment of a Pan-European Network on the Sustainable Valorisation of Lignin) we describe the aims and objective of LignoCost, the progress made and highlights, along with upcoming activities.
Richard Gosselink, Ted Slaghek, Gijs van Erven, KB34-3A-6. Establishment of a Pan-European Network on the Sustainable Valorisation of Lignin (LignoCOST), poster presented at Matchmaking Day Circular and Climate Neutral Society, 28 October 2021 in Wageningen.
Special Issues or book